Subject: Re: Is the vger 2.2 kernel branch dead

From: "Neil Piercy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 18:40:53 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: Tom Rini <[email-masked]>
To: Johnnie Peters <[email-masked]>
Cc: Matt Porter <[email-masked]>; VALETTE Eric <[email-masked]>;
<[email-masked]>
Sent: 19 July 1999 23:47
Subject: Re: Is the vger 2.2 kernel branch dead

> On Mon, 19 Jul 1999, Johnnie Peters wrote:
>
> Try putting 'em vs 2.3.x.  I think right now the push is to fix all the
> little annoyances/problems that we're stuck w/ in 2.2.x and move forward
> in 2.3.x.  Then backport things later on.

I thought 2.2.x was meant to be the stable branch and 2.3.x the dev ?  It
seems strange to back-port fixes to known bugs in the stable branch from a
dev branch which is frequently broken - or do I misunderstand ? Stable
doesnt equal frozen in my book.

Neil
> ---
> Tom Rini (TR1265)
> http://gate.crashing.org/~trini/

[[ This message was sent via the linuxppc-dev mailing list.  Replies are ]]
[[ not  forced  back  to the list, so be sure to Cc linuxppc-dev if your ]]
[[ reply is of general interest. Please check http://lists.linuxppc.org/ ]]
[[ and http://www.linuxppc.org/ for useful information before posting.   ]]