Subject: Re: [PATCH] Heartbeat LED for iBook

From: Segher Boessenkool <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 19:10:42 +0100

> There is some minimal documentation available. Some Apple docs:
>
> ADB-The Untold Story: Space Aliens Ate My Mouse
> http://developer.apple.com/technotes/hw/hw_01.html
>
> Inside Macintosh: Devices / Chapter 5 - ADB Manager
> http://developer.apple.com/documentation/mac/Devices/Devices-203.html
>
> These will tell you the basic design of ADB as well as the packet
> formats and information about keyboards and mice.
>
> Note that these document ADB in a generic sense, so nothing PMU
> specific is in them. Apple has been very reluctant to document
> the PMU and it's functions.

ADB has nothing to do with the PMU (well, the PMU emulates an ADB
device, sort of).

The Linux kernel multiplexes the /dev/adb device to also serve as
a channel to the PMU, though.  This ugliness should be fixed, some
day...

Segher