Subject: Re: Re: VxWorks bootloader & PowerQUICC II, Booting the kernel

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 08:51:27 +0100 (CED)

Hi Dan

I guess I found the message which points to the tool mentioned in your
answer below:

>I wrote a program that will hack the headers such that the stupid
>VxWorks TFTP loader would load the zImage (like other properly
>written loaders will do without any hacks).  I don't know if this
>will help anyone else.  You can find it on
>       ftp://ftp.embeddededge.com/pub/vxhack.c
>
>
>       -- Dan

Unfortunately, this link doesn't work anymore! Do you mind sending
a copy of this file directly to me?

Thank you, Ruedi

[email-masked] on 27.09.2000 19:36:24
An: [email-masked] @ MailGate
Kopie: [email-masked] @ MailGate, [email-masked] @ MailGate, [email-masked] @ MailGate
Thema: Re: VxWorks bootloader & PowerQUICC II, Booting the kernel

[email-masked] wrote:

> I try to boot the Linux kernel on a SBC8260 evaluation board using
> the VxWorks bootloader.

Somewhere (and you can look through the archives as well as I can :-),
I posted a program that will hack a zImage so the VxWorks boot loader
will properly load and start it.....