Subject: RE: [PATCH v15 00/10] Add-Synopsys-DesignWare-HS-USB-OTG-driver

From: Tirumala Marri <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2011 10:17:19 -0700

Greg,

<
<No, just start over from scratch. Just leave the crap driver behind,
<use it for reference but write the new one.
<
<It's obvious given that you are already at iteration v15 and it's
<still looking this bad that this is not realistic to get reviewed and
<accepted as-is. I don't think staging is a good target either -- what
<the driver really needs is _functional_ cut-down to only cover the use
<cases that your product uses, and staging cleanups are mostly around
<style and refactoring, not changing, fixing or removing functionality.
<
<> <Compare this to the dwc3 driver, which is much much cleaner.
<> <
Could you please comment on this. This has been reviewed so many times
And we did the major changes. I think it is un-acceptable to say to
re-write
The driver now after 15 reviews? This should have happened in first 5
reviews.

Thx,
Marri