Subject: Re: GeForce on PPC == _no work_

From: Michel Dänzer <[email-masked]>
Date: 29 Oct 2001 18:26:48 +0100

On Mon, 2001-10-29 at 18:21, Ani Joshi wrote:
>
> On Sun, 28 Oct 2001, Ethan Benson wrote:
>
> >
> > > also FreeBSD people, since they also can't use nVidia's binary drivers. I
> > > hope he has some success.
> >
> > don't hold your breath, you might suffocate.
>
> Hmm, its nice to see such pessimism from the community.  Perhaps instead,
> you could try helping, but I suppose that's too much to ask from some.
>
> Anyhow, companies *do* change their policies with the proper polite
> lobbying.  This includes nVidia.

I don't see the point of begging them for support though if there are
other companies who already support us.

Someone (Bastien Nocera IIRC) asked nVidia at a show if they planned to
release their drivers for PPC in the future, and they said no. Not even
maybe...

--
Earthling Michel Dänzer (MrCooper)/ Debian GNU/Linux (powerpc) developer
XFree86 and DRI project member   /  CS student, Free Software enthusiast

** Sent via the linuxppc-dev mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/