Subject: Re: ibook2 first rev modem

From: Félix Ortega <[email-masked]>
Date: 17 Jan 2002 03:25:04 +0100

On Wed, 2002-01-16 at 18:04, Bastien Nocera wrote:
>
> I've finally been able to get the iBook dual-USB's i2c modem to work and
> dialup to my ISP.

What was the problem? I'm using my ibook's modem since september without
any issue....

> The problem lies in the modem's firmware. If you haven't updated the
> modem firmware, the modem won't be able to connect at v.90 for some
> ISPs. (I verified by dialling up from MacOS X, it didn't work for v90,
> but did for v34).

I have not updated my ibook's modem firmware and connect almost always
at v90 with three distinct ISP's.

> PS: Here is the modem init line I use:
> \d\d\d\d\d\d\dAT&FE0W1Q0V1X4&C1&K3S95=1&D3S7=75S0=0+MS=11,1,300,33600
> I tried adding an M0 somewhere, but couldn't get the modem to shut up.
> Any ideas ?

Why you use such a string? I'm using ATM0 and everything works...
What was wrong whith your modem?

--
Félix Ortega Hortiguela	<[email-masked]>
Avoid the gates of hell  --  Use Linux!

** Sent via the linuxppc-dev mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/