Subject: U-boot + Linux 2.6 + Avnet FX12 MM (based on ML403 config)

From: Guillaume Berthelom <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 07:25:42 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I'm trying to port Linux 2.6 on Avnet FX12 MM board with U-Boot and the help
of xilinx ML403 config.

I have generate my costum xparameters.h file with EDK 8.2i.
I use ELDK 4.1 and Linux 2.6.20.x.
I have modified ml403.h u-boot's config file to adapt it for my board and I
have no problem to boot u-boot.
I use the right board_info structure from <asm/ppcboot.h> and not the one in
xilinx_ml403.h.

When I load the zImage directly with xilinx xmd debugger, the kernel start
without problem (if I don't have KGDB or SERIAL_TEXT_DEBUG option in my
kernel config). But when I try to load the uImage with u-boot, the kernel
start but crach befor I can see something on output.

The kernel start because I debug it and the platform_init is ok, setup_arch
too and it crach after ppc4xx_setup_arch at  printk(KERN_INFO "Xilinx ML403
Reference System (Virtex-4 FX)\n") line  when the kernel access in printk.c.

I suppose the serial init have problem but I have no idea what is the cause
of the problem. I use the opb_uart16550 IP in my Xilinx design and the
associat drivers in u-boot and linux.

Thanks,
Guillaume Berthelom

-- 
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/U-boot-%2B-Linux-2.6-%2B-Avnet-FX12-MM-%28based-on-ML403-config%29-tf3651846.html#a10201070
Sent from the linuxppc-embedded mailing list archive at Nabble.com.