Subject: Walnut 4xx problem

From: Kenneth Johansson <[email-masked]>
Date: 28 Mar 2003 20:25:44 +0100

I updated my copy if linuxppc_2.4_devel and got a rather strange problem
running it on a walnut card.

The problem is that when using nfs root the mount is ok /sbin/init is
started but then things falls apart init is not even trying to execute
the start script or the rc scripts but start the getty.

I tracked the problem down to changes made on feb 27 but since that
changes was described by diffstat as
 1183 files changed, 87348 insertions(+), 47678 deletions(-)
It was not obvious what was wrong. All I know now is that it works
before feb27 and not after. I was a little surprised that I needed to go
back so long am I the only one seeing problems ??

--
Kenneth Johansson
Ericsson AB                       Tel: +46 8 719 70 20
Tellusborgsvägen  90              Fax: +46 8 719 29 45
126 25 Stockholm                  [email-masked]

** Sent via the linuxppc-embedded mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/