Subject: RTAI module install problem

From: Toni Van Remortel <[email-masked]>
Date: 14 May 2003 10:39:55 +0200

Hi all.

I'll first tell you in short what I use.

Kernel: linuxppc_2_4_devel (from CVS on may 7th 2003)
RTAI Patch: ppc_devel_patch_2003_05_04_1125
Patch went perfect.

Cross-compiler: ELDK ppc_4xx
Target: EP405
Host: x86
INSTALL_MOD_PATH: /tmp/rmdisk_large

Config and vmlinux-compile don't give errors, RTAI is enabled.
Modules compile OK.
When installing the modules, I get this error:

cd /tmp/rmdisk_large/lib/modules/2.4.20-rthal5; \
mkdir -p pcmcia; \
find kernel -path '*/pcmcia/*' -name '*.o' | xargs -i -r ln -sf ../{}
pcmcia
if [ -r System.map ]; then /sbin/depmod -ae -F System.map -b
/tmp/rmdisk_large -r 2.4.20-rthal5; fi
depmod: ELF file
/tmp/rmdisk_large/lib/modules/2.4.20-rthal5/kernel/drivers/i2c/i2c-core.o not for this architecture
depmod: ELF file
/tmp/rmdisk_large/lib/modules/2.4.20-rthal5/kernel/drivers/i2c/i2c-dev.o
not for this architecture
depmod: ELF file
/tmp/rmdisk_large/lib/modules/2.4.20-rthal5/kernel/drivers/i2c/i2c-proc.o not for this architecture
...
depmod: ELF file
/tmp/rmdisk_large/lib/modules/2.4.20-rthal5/kernel/net/ipv4/netfilter/iptable_filter.o not for this architecture
depmod: ELF file
/tmp/rmdisk_large/lib/modules/2.4.20-rthal5/kernel/net/ipv4/netfilter/iptable_nat.o not for this architecture
make: *** [_modinst_post] Error 1

OK, this tells me that I'm using a somewhat wrong architecture (probably
wrong configured).
Does anybody know how I can solve this?

Thnx.
--
Toni Van Remortel <[email-masked]>
D-science lab

** Sent via the linuxppc-embedded mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/