Subject: Re[2]: 8260 - Spurious interrupt when calling __sti()

From: Ricardo Scop <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 13:59:33 -0300

Jean-Denis,

Wednesday, April 10, 2002, 1:31:05 PM, you wrote:

<snip>

JDB> What is even more strange, I can put the 'sync' everywhere in the '__sti'
JDB> function, that is before the 'mfmsr', before the 'ori', or before the
JDB> 'mtmsr',
JDB> and the problem of spurious interrupt simply disappear. Remove it, it
JDB> reappears.

<snip>

JDB> Hard to explain...

Even harder to explain is why you're having to put those syncs in
__sti, since both my copies of 2.4.16 and 2.4.18-pre9 kernel sources
already have them in the code... and with the comment
"/* Some chip revs have problems here... */" !!!

[]'s, Scop                            mailto:[email-masked]

------------------------------------------------------------------
"We all lie in the gutter, but some of us look up at the stars."
-- Oscar Wilde

** Sent via the linuxppc-embedded mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/