Subject: K-computing RTAI benchmark cross-compile

From: Toni Van Remortel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 10:43:47 +0200

Hi all,

I'm trying to cross-compile the benchmark for RTAI, made by K-computing,
to ppc (EP405 board with IBM PPC 405GP cpu).
I use the ELDK compiler-set (which is working perfect, I compiled kernel
and rtai with it without any problem).

But when I try to compile the benchmark, I get these errors:

ppc_4xx-gcc -O -Wall -c timer_test.c
/tmp/ccUWN8MR.s: Assembler messages:
/tmp/ccUWN8MR.s:136: Error: Unrecognized opcode: `pushl'
/tmp/ccUWN8MR.s:137: Error: Unrecognized opcode: `pushl'
/tmp/ccUWN8MR.s:138: Error: Unrecognized opcode: `rdtsc'
/tmp/ccUWN8MR.s:139: Error: Unrecognized opcode: `movl'
/tmp/ccUWN8MR.s:140: Error: Unrecognized opcode: `movl'
/tmp/ccUWN8MR.s:141: Error: Unrecognized opcode: `popl'
/tmp/ccUWN8MR.s:142: Error: Unrecognized opcode: `popl'
/tmp/ccUWN8MR.s:351: Error: Unrecognized opcode: `pushl'
/tmp/ccUWN8MR.s:352: Error: Unrecognized opcode: `pushl'
/tmp/ccUWN8MR.s:353: Error: Unrecognized opcode: `rdtsc'
/tmp/ccUWN8MR.s:354: Error: Unrecognized opcode: `movl'
/tmp/ccUWN8MR.s:355: Error: Unrecognized opcode: `movl'
/tmp/ccUWN8MR.s:356: Error: Unrecognized opcode: `popl'
/tmp/ccUWN8MR.s:357: Error: Unrecognized opcode: `popl'
make: *** [timer_test.o] Fout 1

I assume it's some problem with wrong functions or so, but I really
don't know where to look.

PS: The RTAI-dir and Linux-dir are correclty changed in the Makefile.

Anybody a clue how to solve this? Or are there other PPC RTAI benchmarks
available?

Regards,
--
                           Toni Van Remortel
              Wetenschappelijk Medewerker - D-science lab
              Tel: +32 3 205 61 72 - Fax: +32 3 205 61 95
                      E-mail: [email-masked]

** Sent via the linuxppc-embedded mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/