Subject: [PATCH] 2.6.0 compile fix for non 6xx machines

From: Josh Boyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 18:27:12 -0600

Hi,

Don't know if this is fixed in the ppc trees or not so I'll send my
patch anyway.  I got a link error when compiling the 2.6.0 kernel for
the PPC 405 walnut board.  It appears it's because
arch/ppc/kernel/ppc_ksyms.c does:

extern long mol_trampoline;
EXPORT_SYMBOL(mol_trampoline);

mol_trampoline is only defined in arch/ppc/kernel/head.S.  Since the
other head_Nxx.S files are used for non-6xx compiles it can't link.
Below is a patch to fix the compile failure.

Josh

diff -Naur linux-2.6.0.orig/arch/ppc/kernel/ppc_ksyms.c
linux-2.6.0/arch/ppc/kernel/ppc_ksyms.c
--- linux-2.6.0.orig/arch/ppc/kernel/ppc_ksyms.c	2003-12-17
20:59:37.000000000 -0600
+++ linux-2.6.0/arch/ppc/kernel/ppc_ksyms.c	2003-12-18
17:21:52.000000000 -0600
@@ -367,8 +367,10 @@
 EXPORT_SYMBOL(set_context);
 EXPORT_SYMBOL(handle_mm_fault); /* For MOL */
 EXPORT_SYMBOL_NOVERS(disarm_decr);
+#ifdef CONFIG_6xx
 extern long mol_trampoline;
 EXPORT_SYMBOL(mol_trampoline); /* For MOL */
+#endif
 #ifdef CONFIG_PPC_STD_MMU
 EXPORT_SYMBOL(flush_hash_pages); /* For MOL */
 #ifdef CONFIG_SMP

** Sent via the linuxppc-dev mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/