Subject: Re: multiple separate pci bridges ...

From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2004 20:23:57 +1100

On Wed, 2004-01-07 at 20:02, Michael Schmitz wrote:
> > note that there's still a problem with XFree which will "see"  those
> > BARs and, according to the log posted by Sven, shoke. Sven, can you
> > try "hiding" the host bridge completely from the config ops and see
> > if that helps with XFree ? That's not a very good solution though,
> > we'll have to do something different about it. Now if only XFree
> > stopped mucking with the PCI bus...
>
> Is this a problem with overlapping PCI resources again (thought that was
> fixed in 2.4 anyway)? Resolving the overlap helped there. What does XFree
> do, simply disable resources?

There should be no overlap.... Let me check the log ...

(II) Host-to-PCI bridge:
(II) Bus 16: bridge is at (0:0:0), (-1,16,0), BCTRL: 0x0008 (VGA_EN is
set)
(II) Bus 16 I/O range:
        [0] -1  0       0x00000000 - 0x0000ffff (0x10000) IX[B]
(II) Bus 16 non-prefetchable memory range:
        [0] -1  0       0x00000000 - 0xffffffff (0x0) MX[B]
(II) Bus 16 prefetchable memory range:
        [0] -1  0       0x00000000 - 0xffffffff (0x0) MX[B]

The problem is on the host bridge BARs again. I don't know what they
are supposed to do, you need to look at the bridge spec, but you
definitely need to hide them some way...

Ben.

** Sent via the linuxppc-dev mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/