Subject: Re: multiple separate pci bridges ...

From: Michel Dänzer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 00:23:15 +0100

On Mon, 2004-01-19 at 10:11, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
>
> > The freeze happens when i first launch glxinfo, or when i first start
> > moving a window around (using a debian/unstable default gnome desktop).
> > I don't remember well, but i think it would also freeze when let running
> > for a time, but i am not sure. The box is still available trough ssh,
> > but killing the X server doesn't restore the fbdev console, and freeze
> > the box.
>
> Could be irq not working...

Only the 3D drivers use the IRQ, it's not involved when moving around
windows. Or do you mean a badly configured IRQ causing a flood or
something?

--
Earthling Michel Dänzer      |     Debian (powerpc), X and DRI developer
Libre software enthusiast    |   http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=daenzer

** Sent via the linuxppc-dev mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/