Subject: Re: multiple separate pci bridges ...

From: Michel Dänzer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 01:03:22 +0100

On Mon, 2004-01-19 at 00:42, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> >
> > Only the 3D drivers use the IRQ, it's not involved when moving around
> > windows. Or do you mean a badly configured IRQ causing a flood or
> > something?
>
> Oh, you don't use the IRQ for throttling the ring ?

No, that's only rarely needed anyway, if ever (a while ago, I discovered
that the DRM code to detect a full ring had been broken for a while, but
it didn't seem to cause any problems :).

> Only for VBL ?

That, frame throttling (to prevent too many frames getting queued) and
waiting for rendering to finish.

--
Earthling Michel Dänzer      |     Debian (powerpc), X and DRI developer
Libre software enthusiast    |   http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=daenzer

** Sent via the linuxppc-dev mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/