Subject: Re: drivers/macintosh/Kconfig (was: Re: Linux 2.6.3-rc1)

From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2004 08:29:46 +1100

> I've started rewriting ADB for the new driver model, and I have been
> putting it into a new directory, drivers/adb/.

Ah, good to know, as I was about to do it too ! Though I don't
fully agree with moving it to a new directory.

> Seeing this makes me
> wonder if that's what people think is the best idea. We could have
> ADB support on non-Mac machines at some point.

What for ? NeXT cubes ? :)

> I'll try to get the
> Griffin iMate (a UDB-ADB converter) working at some point, although
> the built-in interfaces take priority for me. The hydra chip is
> technically not in any Mac either, although it's very much a Mac
> oriented chip. I personally think drivers/macintosh/ should be
> limited to things like macio-*, mediabay, and other similar stuff.
> Anyone care to comment?

Well... via-pmu at least is a lot more than just an ADB host
driver and should stay in drivers/macintosh. But if we go that way,
then it make little sense to have via-pmu and via-cuda in different
locations..

Ben.

** Sent via the linuxppc-dev mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/