Subject: Re: PREEMPT on PPC

From: Michel Dänzer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 03:38:24 +0200

On Mon, 2004-03-29 at 03:26, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> > I appreciate a lot that you're working on this, but unfortunately, this
> > patch doesn't seem to make any difference here. I still get random
> > segfaults, weird behaviour in galeon, ... as soon as I hit swap. How can
> > I provide useful debugging information?
>
> In general, is there a relationship with highmem ? that is do you
> have highmem enabled and if yes, does it get better without it ?

It's enabled, but diasbling it didn't seem to make a difference either.

FWIW, http://penguinppc.org/~daenzer/config-2.6.5-rc2-ben0-ck1 is my
current, preempt-less config.

Note that I'm not sure how tightly the problems are tied to swap; after
they start, they seem to persist even when swap is no longer used. It's
just the best criterion I've been able to identify so far.

--
Earthling Michel Dänzer      |     Debian (powerpc), X and DRI developer
Libre software enthusiast    |   http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=daenzer

** Sent via the linuxppc-dev mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/