Subject: Re: PREEMPT on PPC

From: Michel Dänzer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 12:43:10 +0200

On Mon, 2004-03-29 at 03:55, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> > Note that I'm not sure how tightly the problems are tied to swap; after
> > they start, they seem to persist even when swap is no longer used. It's
> > just the best criterion I've been able to identify so far.
>
> Weird. I just can't reproduce any of your problems, neither on the
> tipb with highmem & lots of RAM, or on the wallstreet with no highmem
> and little RAM (thus swap)...
>
> I've been running with preempt for a few days now without trouble.
>
> What else are you using ? I suspect something like MOL may have troubles
> with preempt for example...

Not using that regularly. Not sure what's special about my setup, XFS
maybe?

What about this:

-CONFIG_TASK_SIZE=0xc0000000
+CONFIG_TASK_SIZE=0x80000000

I can't seem to find any other significant differences between
pmac_defconfig and mine. I'll keep trying...

--
Earthling Michel Dänzer      |     Debian (powerpc), X and DRI developer
Libre software enthusiast    |   http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=daenzer

** Sent via the linuxppc-dev mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/