Subject: Re: Problem with 745x errata in 2.6.8

From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2004 10:01:02 +1000

On Sat, 2004-09-18 at 08:03, Ken Moffat wrote:
> Hi,
> 
>  I'm trying to get the port to the AmigaOne/Teron into a fit state to
> attempt to submit it.  I've got it working adequately in 2.6.7 (no ide
> dma, obviously, and no floppy disk, plus other minor issues) but
> obviously I need to get it up to the current version before asking for
> your comments on what needs to be changed to make it acceptable.
> 
>  Unfortunately, the following changes in 2.6.8-rc3 stop my 7455 from
> booting (with a vga console, it stops after the console: colour VGA+
> 80x25 message, and also the top of the screen is blank).  If I revert
> these, it runs.  I'm totally out of my depth here, I don't even know how
> to work out which sort of 7455 I've got, much less what this is all
> doing.  Can anybody offer me some pointers, please ?

What exact PVR do you have ? It could be your nortbridge not beeing
properly setup for the kind of snoop cycles issued when the M bit
is set on all pages ? In this case, it has to be fixed at that level
(contact AmigaOne/Teron) as I will not revert that fix.