Subject: Re: New mailing list specifically for embedded PowerPC development

From: Owen Stampflee <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 20:08:16 -0700

> Oh, and another reason, which, though, is also a signal/noise
> ratio matter. I expect most patches addressing ppc32 to be CCed
> to linuxppc-dev. This is important for distro people to keep track
> of bug fixes that went in after the kernel version they decided to
> freeze on.
> 
> That will simply not happen if the embedded traffic is mixed in

Agreed. I've already missed a patch or two in this big mess.

There is just way too much noise about various embedded issues. Myself
and many others simply don't want to know about latest and greatest
serial/ethernet/foo driver for the latest SoC out of Freescale and it
makes it really really difficult to follow the occasional thread about
stuff we do care about.

Embedded people, think about your complaints if the ppc64 list were
merged too... there would be a whole bunch of email you don't care about
on a list that should be fairly focused.

Cheers,
Owen