Subject: Re: TEST: Sleep suppport for iBook G4 & Aluminium PowerBooks (ATI based)

From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 11:01:08 +1100

On Fri, 2004-11-19 at 19:20 +1100, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-11-19 at 17:56 +1100, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> > So here's the new patch, it replaces the previous one for Aluminium
> > PowerBooks, and is still against 2.6.9. I'll do something against 2.6.10
> > when that one is out (it's a bit late to get that merged with Linus,
> > 2.6.10 is in freeze mode now) and I hope to get all of that in 2.6.11.
> >
> > .../...
> 
> Ok, I already found a bug, occasional lockups on boot and when setting
> the backlight. I uploaded a new version at:

Here's a 3rd version. It may or may not help, as I didn't have a chance
to test this one on either albook or ibook g4 yet. I added saving and
restoring of a few more registers that may fix the Xv problem (or not...
depends what X does at this point) and eventually some corruption
problem (the bandwidth related registers weren't restored).

It also adds an unrelated fix to the cpufreq code for powerbooks using
PMU-based frequency switching which would occasionally cause hangs at
boot.

http://gate.crashing.org/~benh/albook-ibookg4-sleep-3.diff

Ben.