Subject: Re: TEST: Sleep patch #6

From: Timo Reimerdes <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2004 01:55:14 +0100

Ok,

I mentioned those weird problems about the computer not falling asleep?
It keeps happening. I compiled a kernel with the config from Alexander
Wirt and tried alot of combinations. 

The logs really wont help a lot.
USB-Mouse plugged in/out wont change anything, AC plugged in/out wont
change anything, restarting X wont fix it. 

Is there a possibility that pbbuttonsd is somehow related to that
problem? I wonder. Might check that out later. 

This problem I must fix before I can call sleep working. It's really
annoying. 
Do you have any hint on "what needs to be running" or "needs to be set
to X" or anything I could look for?

There are two things I do get during boot:
_________________________________________________
Dec  2 01:41:38 localhost kernel: pmac_zilog: 0.6 (Benjamin
Herrenschmidt <[email-masked]>)
Dec  2 01:41:38 localhost kernel: pmac_zilog: Error registering serial
device, disabling pmac_zilog.
Dec  2 01:41:38 localhost kernel: pmac_zilog: Did another serial driver
already claim the minors?
Dec  2 01:41:38 localhost kernel: RAMDISK driver initialized: 16 RAM
disks of 8192K size 1024 blocksize
Dec  2 01:41:38 localhost kernel: divert: not allocating divert_blk for
non-ethernet device lo
Dec  2 01:41:38 localhost kernel: MacIO PCI driver attached to Intrepid
chipset
Dec  2 01:41:38 localhost kernel: input: Macintosh mouse button
emulation
.
.
.
_________________________________________________
Dec  2 01:41:38 localhost kernel: device-mapper: 4.1.0-ioctl
(2003-12-10) initialised: [email-masked]
Dec  2 01:41:38 localhost kernel: md: md driver 0.90.0 MAX_MD_DEVS=256,
MD_SB_DISKS=27
Dec  2 01:41:38 localhost kernel: hdc: packet command error: status=0x51
{ DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
Dec  2 01:41:38 localhost kernel: hdc: packet command error: error=0x54
Dec  2 01:41:38 localhost kernel: ide: failed opcode was 100
Dec  2 01:41:38 localhost kernel: cdrom: open failed.
Dec  2 01:41:38 localhost kernel: device-mapper: : dm-linear: Device
lookup failed
Dec  2 01:41:38 localhost kernel:
Dec  2 01:41:38 localhost kernel: device-mapper: error adding target to
table
Dec  2 01:41:38 localhost kernel: device-mapper: : dm-linear: Device
lookup failed
Dec  2 01:41:38 localhost kernel:
Dec  2 01:41:38 localhost kernel: device-mapper: error adding target to
table
.
. (20 times ".... failed"
.
Dec  2 01:41:38 localhost kernel: device-mapper: error adding target to
table
.
.
.
________________________________________________________

other than that my boot looks really clean and without any more errors.

If you could give me some hints I would really appreciate that.

Greetings

Timo Reimerdes