Subject: Re: Sound drivers for newer machines: need help

From: "Matthew T. Atkinson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 09 Apr 2005 22:21:29 +0100

'ello,

On Sat, 2005-04-09 at 10:31 +1000, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> echo `cat /proc/device-tree/model`

PowerBook5,4

> for i in `find /proc/device-tree -name layout-id -print`; do echo $i && hexdump -n4 $i; done

/proc/device-tree/pci@f2000000/mac-io@17/i2s@10000/i2s-a@10000/sound/layout-id
0000000 0000 0033
0000004

For your information, in case this helps...

I am using ALSA and it appears to work except that only one program can
access the sound hardware at a time (so is just like OSS :-)).  If I am
playing music in XMMS and then try to aplay a .wav file, it will hang
until XMMS is closed for example.

The trick of altering the HZ of mp3 plug-in to remove the choppiness
doesn't seem to work for all mp3 files (thought does for the vast
majority).

Many thanks for looking into this (and all the other work you do --
sleep support, for example, has been *incredibly* useful)!

best regards,

-- 
Matthew T. Atkinson <[email-masked]>