Subject: Re: [PATCH] pmac: sound support for latest laptops

From: Johannes Berg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 14:55:44 +0200

Hi,

> This patch hacks the current Alsa snd-powermac driver to add support for
> recent machine models with the tas3004 chip, that is basically new
> laptop models.

So this works, but is incompatible with gstreamer. I took it with a
rhythmbox/gstreamer developer and he said that it's a driver issue. A
gstreamer log is here:
http://johannes.sipsolutions.net/files/rhythmbox-alsa-debug
(produced by GST_DEBUG=alsa*:5 rhythmbox 2>&1 | tee logfile)

He also asked me to try
$ gst-launch-0.8 sinesrc ! alsasink device=hw:0

which yields:
RUNNING pipeline ...
ERROR: pipeline doesn't want to play.

So the conclusion was:
"set_periods_near ioctl does something weird"

Any ideas?

johannes