Subject: Re: problem mounting ROOT-NFS

From: Nuguru Susheel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 10:26:15 +0000

Hi Yan,
   Yes its true, but why. I checked the permissions for the nfs-root directory in /etc/exports and it is set to no_root_squash which should not be a problem.
I could access the nfs server when I boot from ramdisk or NOR flash ...

Why is that it couldnt get mount nfs-root while i boot from sram ???? I assume boot peramets should not be doing this?? 

any hints

>	Your nfs server did not startup, or with a wrong port.

> Best regards,
> Yan

======= At 2005-08-26 18:37:28 you wrote =======

>Hi,
>
>  I lately upgraded to Bestcomm API v2.2 from v2.1 , but root-nfs doesnt
>mount while booting from ram, but when booting from FLASH (Compact Flash
>and also NOR) it does well. This problem could be seen when I try to
>boot on MPC5200 RevA. 
>
> Then I switched to MPC5200 RevB to see it is the same here, but with
>same u.boot.bin and kernel image everything boot well on Rev B. I have
>compared the Environment perameters passed from u-boot to the kernel and
>everything seems to be the same. I also looked into the Errata to check
>if anything else regarding bestcomm or fec has changed, but couldnt
>figure out anything.
>
>console messages while booting on MPC5200 RevA from ram goes this
>way ...