Subject: Re: iMac G5: experimental thermal & cpufreq support

From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 17:12:12 +1000

On Thu, 2005-09-29 at 18:40 +1000, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-09-29 at 17:20 +1000, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> 
> > http://gate.crashing.org/~benh/ppc64-smu-thermal-control.diff
> 
> You may want to re-download this one if you got it already, I just fixed
> a bug in the calculations of the CPU control loop. It's now getting
> results much more consistant with OS X. I still have to add some
> overtemp handling and I'll remove the debug stuff and work on supporting
> the PowerMac9,1 desktop model.

Ok, I've updated it. News are:

 - It now requires cpufreq support (it won't start if the cpufreq clamp
sensor isn't loaded). I also changed the Kconfig stuff a bit, you'll
need to enable 2 options now

 - It has some totally untested support for PowerMac9,1

 - It has overtemp support (will slow CPU down and blow fans full speed
if the machine goes overtemp)

 - It has some basic sysfs interface to read values
in /sys/devices/platform/windfarm.0

 - DEBUG is disabled by default

Enjoy !

Ben.