Subject: Re: 2.6.13 ati (ibook) frambuffer problem

From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 07:44:26 +1000

> I selected
> 
> CONFIG_FB
> CONFIG_FB_RADEON
> CONFIG_FB_RADEON_I2C
> CONFIG_BACKLIGHT_LCD_SUPPORT
> FRAMEBUFFER_CONSOLE
> 
> The 2.6.12 version worked. Would it make sense to post the complete
> .config?

Nope. What may help is a bit more debugging. For example, does the
kernel actually boots if you add "video=ofonly" to the kernel command
line.

Next would be to hack kernel/printk.c to call btext_drawstring() on the
printk buffer, though you'd have to add a global variable "foo" that you
test before doing that, and only set it to 1 from pmac_setup_arch() in
arch/ppc/platforms/pmac_setup.c

Ben.