Subject: Re: v2.6.13.4 : Bad page state at prep_new_page when booting with quik

From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2005 08:42:08 +1000

On Fri, 2005-10-21 at 20:08 +0200, Marc Zyngier wrote:

> I fear that... But even in such a case ,understanding what confuses
> the kernel would help a lot...
> 
> Thanks for your help,

Hrm... another thing you can do is have a look at the init_bandit()
routine. It does:

	/* read the word at offset 0x50 */
	out_le32(bp->cfg_addr, (1UL << BANDIT_DEVNUM) + BANDIT_MAGIC);
	udelay(2);
	magic = in_le32(bp->cfg_data);

What is the value of "magic" in both cases ?

As for the rest, well, printing out the various addresses where the
kernel is copied and/or decompresses itself may help...

Have you tried also netbooting directly vmlinux.coff ? (boot enet: might
work on OldWorld OF, you'll need a bootp server) That works with some
oldworlds, not all, depends if they have a working ethernet driver in
OF.

Ben.