Subject: Re: asm/delay.h missing on powerpc (was: Re: Linuv 2.6.15-rc1)

From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2005 11:33:13 +1100

On Sun, 2005-11-13 at 00:13 +0100, Michael Buesch wrote:
> On Saturday 12 November 2005 23:24, you wrote:
> > Ìt should still work. I'm running -rc1 with "powerpc" on mine so that at
> > least works, it's possible that we broke "ppc", I'll have a look and
> > send a fix.
> 
> powerpc arch builds and runs now, but
> I have problems compiling the bcm430x driver. It includes linux/delay.h.
> linux/delay.h includes asm/delay.h, which does not exist.
> What to do now?

I suspect that building drivers out of tree doesn't work very well with
the new "merged" architecture where includes are split between asm/ppc
and asm-powerpc... You should make sure that you build the driver with
the same ARCH as the kernel, that is ARCH=powerpc at least, if we got
the Makefiles right, that should give you all the headers...

(building glibc is definitely a pain :)

Ben.