Subject: Re: [PATCH/RFC?] usb/input: Add support for fn key on Apple PowerBooks

From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 01 Jan 2006 13:56:47 +1100

On Sun, 2006-01-01 at 00:51 +0100, Michael Hanselmann wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 25, 2005 at 11:04:30PM -0500, Dmitry Torokhov wrote:
> > Well, we have used 11 out of 32 available bits so there still some
> > reserves. My concern is that your implementation allows only one
> > hook to be installed while with quirks you can have several of them
> > active per device.
> 
> Below you find an implementation using quirks:

I've been using the other patch for some time now and while it's a
life-saver, it does have one annoying little issue: If you press a key
with the Fn key down and release that key with the Fn key up, your key
is stuck. That is, the patch changes the keycode for Up & Down events
separately based on the Fn state at the time of the event.

What should be done is that when you release a key, you send the key up
with the keycode that matches the Fn state at the time the key was
pressed. That can easily be done using a simple bitmap that keeps track
of the Fn state on keydown for the various keycodes.

Ben.