Subject: Re: [PATCH] drop linuxppc64-dev

From: Hollis Blanchard <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 09:52:11 -0600

On Mon, 2006-01-16 at 13:12 +0100, Olaf Hering wrote:
> Everything is merged into arch/powerpc now.
> Stop cross-posting.

> --- linux-2.6.15-olh.orig/MAINTAINERS
> +++ linux-2.6.15-olh/MAINTAINERS
> @@ -527,7 +527,7 @@ S:   Supported
>  BROADBAND PROCESSOR ARCHITECTURE
>  P:     Arnd Bergmann
>  M:     [email-masked]
> -L:     [email-masked]
> +L:     [email-masked]
>  W:     http://linuxppc64.org
>  S:     Supported

Are you suggesting that nobody should ever use linuxppc64-dev now? If
so, patching MAINTAINERS doesn't seem like the right way to enforce
that.

Do we want to think about merging the mailing lists? Both seem fairly
high-volume right now (compare
http://ozlabs.org/pipermail/linuxppc64-dev/ and
http://ozlabs.org/pipermail/linuxppc-dev/). linuxppc-embedded is
separate. There are certainly lots of emails and patches that are common
to both 32- and 64-bit, though...

The subscriber lists don't overlap 100%, but the difference might be
small enough not to matter to many people.

-Hollis