Subject: Re: snd-aoa: new apple sound driver

From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 09:53:39 +1100

On Wed, 2006-03-29 at 15:00 +0200, Johannes Berg wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-03-29 at 15:01 +1100, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> > BTW.. with the current stuff, if I install the modules and then do
> > 
> > modprobe i2sbus
> > 
> > I get a registration error in dmesg. 
> 
> Hmm. What's the error? Can't reproduce this at all. Also, what machine?
> It works fine on my powermac, even when i2sbus is auto-loaded due to
> binding to the macio i2s device alias.

On the laptop.

Mar 29 11:11:51 localhost kernel: [  192.069735] i2sbus: found i2s
controller
Mar 29 11:11:51 localhost kernel: [  192.069752] soundbus: adding device
failed sanity check!
Mar 29 11:11:51 localhost kernel: [  192.069757] i2sbus: device
registration error!