Subject: Re: [PATCH] PowerMac11,2 i2c-bus@0 duplicate dev-tree workaround

From: Johannes Berg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 15:04:26 +0200

On Thu, 2006-03-30 at 15:26 +1100, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:

> Hrm... you set allnextpp to NULL ... won't that prevent any further node
> from being enqueued in the global node list ?

No, it only prevents all *child* nodes, since the function recurses so
once you go out allnextpp is valid again. I'm not setting *allnextpp :)

> In fact, I think the workaround should be in prom_init.c when
> flattening... easier to skip a node there, and that's also where you are
> reasonably sure of getting the nodes in the right order, not when
> unflattening. 

Ok. I'll look at that code then.

> Also, you don't even need to test for PowerMac11,2 .. .prom_init.c
> already has a machine type, so just test that it's a mac and has this
> node duplicated, and if yes, remove the dup. In fact, you could probably
> even run a bit of forth with "interpret" to do so before the tree is
> even walked though :)

Heh. Well, if you tell me what you prefer I'll try to do it. Meanwhile
I'll use this patch so the sound stuff etc. doesn't get too confusing
(it keeps telling me about two onyx codecs found...)

johannes