Subject: Re: _machine removal breaks kexec?

From: Michael Ellerman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2006 07:40:48 +0200

On Mon, 2006-04-03 at 11:18 -0700, Haren Myneni wrote:
> Basically, kexec-tools looks the platform property to determine whether 
> to read tce-base, tce-size and htab-* properties. The attached patch 
> find out the platform info based on /proc/device-tree/chosen/htab-base 
> property. Not tested yet.

Why don't we get rid of the platform variable entirely in kexec-ppc64.c,
if the tce-* and htab-* properties are there, then we read them, if not
we don't.

There's also:

if (platform == PLATFORM_PSERIES) {
        if (rmo_top > 0x30000000UL)
                rmo_top = 0x30000000UL;
}

I'm not sure where that number comes from, perhaps we need to export the
RMO value like we do for the htab?

While we're there that code could use a function to read
a /proc/device-tree file and do error handling, there's a lot of
duplicate code at the moment.

cheers

-- 
Michael Ellerman
IBM OzLabs

wwweb: http://michael.ellerman.id.au
phone: +61 2 6212 1183 (tie line 70 21183)

We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors,
we borrow it from our children. - S.M.A.R.T Person