Subject: new IRQ work status

From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 18:36:05 +1000

Here's a progress report on my new irq management work.

I've ported pseries, iseries (well tested) and cell (barely tested) at
this point, and tested various funky combinations of device-trees to
validate as much as the core as possible. I still need to port over chrp
and maple which are easy, and powermac which will be a bit more
difficult as it relies a lot more on intrs/n_intrs in the device-nodes
which I've now removed.

Hopefully, it should be finished this week. The current serie of patch
applies on top of 2.6.17-mm1. I will do a version on top of the powerpc
tree as soon as the genirq port is upstream (which hopefully should
happen soon, possibly tomorrow).

I don't yet want to post the patches on the list (too much), they can be
found at:

http://gate.crashing.org/~benh/irq-WIP/

Comments welcome.

Cheers,
Ben.