Subject: Re: [PATCH ] powerpc: Add tsi108/9 and non standard mpic support

From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 20:54:17 +1000

> > The table should still contain the entries for a normal MPIC. One can
> > build a kernel that will boot both machines with the "weird" one and
> > with the normal one. Thus CONFIG_MPIC_WEIRD shall not exclude normal
> > MPICs, though not having it does exclude weird ones. I thus would
> > suggest to keep the table as it was in your earlier patches, that is
> > with the normal MPIC mapping at 0.
> > 
> > I intend to re-use that to handle another weird MPIC from some other
> > project :)
> 
> That is also my target. I hope the imported mpic_info table can support
> more non-standard mpic structure.
> The following patch adds the standard MPIC entry to the table. 
> I post it here.

Looks good. I still need to test it, hopefully tomorrow, then it can go
in though I'm not sure it can get into 2.6.18, we'll see.

Ben.