Subject: Re: [4/5] powerpc: PA Semi PWRficient platform support

From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2006 10:58:26 +1000

> How about I keep it this way until Maple is fixed then? It's better to keep it
> fairly common anyway. Functionally there's no difference.

Well, the platform-open-pic thingy comes from the CHRP spec. I'm no fan
of it but it looks like we do need it on pseries and I haven't
completely given up with having common mpic discovery routine...

> > > +	mpic = mpic_alloc(mpic_node, openpic_addr, MPIC_PRIMARY, 0, 0,
> > > +			  " PAS-OPIC  ");
> > > +	BUG_ON(mpic == NULL);
> > > +
> > > +	mpic_assign_isu(mpic, 0, openpic_addr + 0x10000);
> > > +	mpic_init(mpic);
> > 
> > Very nice, I'll convert maple to do the same (unless someone beats
> > me to it, heh).
> 
> Maple isn't that different there. It just has to deal with multiple ISUs, 
> while we currently only have one.

Maple doesn't have multiple ISUs

Ben.