Subject: Re: ML403 patch for UBOOT

From: alayrac <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2006 11:28:36 +0200

Hi Ameet,

Thanks for your reply
> you got the URL wrong. Its http://linux.get2knowmore.com
I've got the right address but I've made an error in the email.

Following your instrcutions I've succeed to run the 2.6.17.1 kernel on
my ML403 board. The process stop when I try to mount the NFS root file
system. This is because there is no Etehrnet drivers.

It seems that Xilinx will release SP2 for EDK 8.2 very soon and that
issue should be solved.

We decide to work on u-boot on that ML403 board (and linux 2.4.26 very
well documented on byu web site, link on your web page) . To do so I use
ML403 ppc ref design and I've dowloaded the u-boot.zip from xilinx
website.

This u-boot.zip have empty files for sw_services (tcl script...), and
I've noticed that memory map found in u-boot/board/ml403/xparameters.h
did not match the one of the design from Xilinx.

I've then modify the address in this file and I succesfully start U-boot
on that board.

Unfortunately, the process stop on the last line of do_boot_linux when
whe are supposed to get back to entry point at address 0x00000000.
(the uImage is properly unzip, and CRC OK).

I did not know why the process stop?
Do you think it has something to do with the hardware design?
Should I modify the mapping of the hardware to macth the original memory
map of the xparameters.h that comes with this u-boot.zip file?
(that is the next track I'm working on).

I did not found PartII on your web site, it is an error from me or you
did not find time to publish it?

Thanks any way for your contribution and your help.

Kinds Regards

Chris