Subject: Re: pci_set_power_state() failure and breaking suspend

From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 17:40:11 +1000

On Tue, 2006-10-24 at 16:54 +1000, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> So I noticed a small regression that I think might uncover a deeper
> issue...
> 
> Recently, ohci1394 grew some "proper" error handling in its suspend
> function, something that looks like:
> 
>         err = pci_set_power_state(pdev, pci_choose_state(pdev, state));
>         if (err)
>                 goto out;
> 
> First, it breaks some old PowerBooks where the internal OHCI had PM
> feature exposed on PCI (the pmac specific code that follows those lines
> is enough on those machines).

If I could type, the above would have read...

First, it breaks some old PowerBooks where the internal OHCI has no PM
feature exposed on PCI....

Ben.