Subject: [PATCH] powerpc: windfarm requests missing modules

From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2006 15:55:26 +1100

The windfarm code, in it's current incarnation, uses request_module() to
load the various submodules it needs for a given platform so that only
the main platform control module needs to be modprobed. However, it was
missing various bits. This fixes it. In the future, we'll use some
hotplug mecanisms to try to get all of this auto-loaded on the platforms
where it matters but that isn't ready yet.

Signed-off-by: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <[email-masked]>
---

I consider this a bug fix, could go in 2.6.19

Index: linux-work/drivers/macintosh/windfarm_pm112.c
===================================================================
--- linux-work.orig/drivers/macintosh/windfarm_pm112.c	2006-10-13 17:23:48.000000000 +1000
+++ linux-work/drivers/macintosh/windfarm_pm112.c	2006-11-01 13:52:27.000000000 +1100
@@ -685,6 +685,17 @@ static int __init wf_pm112_init(void)
 		++nr_cores;
 
 	printk(KERN_INFO "windfarm: initializing for dual-core desktop G5\n");
+
+#ifdef MODULE
+	request_module("windfarm_smu_controls");
+	request_module("windfarm_smu_sensors");
+	request_module("windfarm_smu_sat");
+	request_module("windfarm_lm75_sensor");
+	request_module("windfarm_max6690_sensor");
+	request_module("windfarm_cpufreq_clamp");
+
+#endif /* MODULE */
+
 	platform_driver_register(&wf_pm112_driver);
 	return 0;
 }
Index: linux-work/drivers/macintosh/windfarm_pm81.c
===================================================================
--- linux-work.orig/drivers/macintosh/windfarm_pm81.c	2006-11-01 13:48:52.000000000 +1100
+++ linux-work/drivers/macintosh/windfarm_pm81.c	2006-11-01 13:49:24.000000000 +1100
@@ -788,6 +788,7 @@ static int __init wf_smu_init(void)
 		request_module("windfarm_smu_controls");
 		request_module("windfarm_smu_sensors");
 		request_module("windfarm_lm75_sensor");
+		request_module("windfarm_cpufreq_clamp");
 
 #endif /* MODULE */
 		platform_driver_register(&wf_smu_driver);
Index: linux-work/drivers/macintosh/windfarm_pm91.c
===================================================================
--- linux-work.orig/drivers/macintosh/windfarm_pm91.c	2006-10-13 17:23:48.000000000 +1000
+++ linux-work/drivers/macintosh/windfarm_pm91.c	2006-11-01 13:50:03.000000000 +1100
@@ -719,6 +719,7 @@ static int __init wf_smu_init(void)
 		request_module("windfarm_smu_controls");
 		request_module("windfarm_smu_sensors");
 		request_module("windfarm_lm75_sensor");
+		request_module("windfarm_cpufreq_clamp");
 
 #endif /* MODULE */
 		platform_driver_register(&wf_smu_driver);