Subject: Compile Error using SMC1 on a MPC8272 for 2.6.19-rc4

From: Heiko Schocher <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 12:53:14 +0100

Hello,

I tried to compile the Linux Kernel 2.6.19-rc5 with a MPC8272 CPU and a
console on SMC1, and get the following Compile Error:

  CC      drivers/serial/cpm_uart/cpm_uart_cpm2.o
drivers/serial/cpm_uart/cpm_uart_cpm2.c: In function
'cpm_uart_init_portdesc':
drivers/serial/cpm_uart/cpm_uart_cpm2.c:364: warning: assignment makes
integer from pointer without a cast
drivers/serial/cpm_uart/cpm_uart_cpm2.c:368: error: invalid type
argument of 'unary *'
make[3]: *** [drivers/serial/cpm_uart/cpm_uart_cpm2.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** [drivers/serial/cpm_uart] Error 2
make[1]: *** [drivers/serial] Error 2
make: *** [drivers] Error 2

The following Code solves the problem:

diff --git a/drivers/serial/cpm_uart/cpm_uart_cpm2.c
b/drivers/serial/cpm_uart/cpm_uart_cpm2.c
index 0599030..bb0a6c1 100644
--- a/drivers/serial/cpm_uart/cpm_uart_cpm2.c
+++ b/drivers/serial/cpm_uart/cpm_uart_cpm2.c
@@ -349,7 +349,7 @@ void cpm_uart_freebuf(struct uart_cpm_po
 int cpm_uart_init_portdesc(void)
 {
 #if defined(CONFIG_SERIAL_CPM_SMC1) || defined(CONFIG_SERIAL_CPM_SMC2)
-	u32 addr;
+	u32 *addr;
 #endif
 	pr_debug("CPM uart[-]:init portdesc\n");

thanks
Heiko