Subject: Re: powerpc.git build error

From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 09:56:29 +1100

> > And CONFIG_KEXEC=y, which is not in any 32-bit defconfigs. Do you
> > actually want it enabled?
> 
> Long story... I'm trying to get a completely working Lombard with all
> of its features (PCMCIA wireless, suspend-to-RAM, etc.). 

All of those things should be working pretty much out of the box on a
lombard ...

> However, this failed. For example, currently I can only reboot into Linux with the
> reset-button on the back: not very convenient. The symptons are that
> it shuts down correctly, but pressing the power buttons sounds the
> chime once and that's it. The screen stays blank.

Ugh ? Can you be more precise on what exact steps you are doing and what
the result is ? Also it might be worth wiping the PRAM clean...

>  So I wanted to try
> rebooting-with-kexec so I could try different kernels and find one
> which worked completely. So, no, I don't want it enabled in a perfect
> world. But we're not there yet :)

kexec is not supported currently for the pmac platform. There would be
quite a bit of work to get it working.

Ben.