Subject: Re: What is the correct way to indicate an unassigned PCI resource ?

From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2006 07:19:01 +1100

On Tue, 2006-12-05 at 09:15 +0100, Olaf Hering wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 05, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> 
> > Olaf, can you give me a dump of /proc/ioports ? What is sitting at 0 on
> > that PCI bus ?
> 
> with IDE=y
> 
> ==> /proc/ioports <==
> 00000000-0000001f : dma1

So it's indeed colliding with the cruft above.

I reckon it's a bug in the firmware of this machine.

Add to pseries/pci.c a quirk for that chipset (don't forget to test for
machine_is(pseries) in the quirk as they get called for all platforms in
a combo kernel. The quirk shall check if resource 6 has a 0 base and
clear the size as Alan suggested (possibly setting the UNSET flag as
well).

Ben.