Subject: Re: [PATCH] powerpc: Fix irq routing on some PowerMac 32 bits

From: Zang Roy-r61911 <[email-masked]>
Date: 11 Jan 2007 13:29:56 +0800

On Wed, 2007-01-10 at 20:22, Segher Boessenkool wrote:
> > While I agree that we should definitely test for NULL and properly
> fail
> > instead of crashing, there is still the question of why do you fail
> at
> > this point. Do you have PCI devices that don't have corresponding 
> > device
> > nodes ? That is not a problem per-se, I'm just wondering if you have
> a
> > device that is supposed to have a node but it's not matching due to
> a
> > problem with the "reg" property...
> 
> Yeah, show us the .dts file if you can, it might have
> a problem, or at least it does something the kernel
> doesn't expect.
The dts file just locates at arch/powerpc/boot/dts. MPC8641HPCN and
MPC8548CDS can be treated as example.

I believe the mechanism for PCI bridge description in device tree should
be improved to comply with  OF.
Roy