Subject: Re: [PATCH] ppc: Add support for AMCC Taishan 440GX eval board

From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 07:23:22 +1100

On Mon, 2007-02-12 at 14:16 -0600, Jon Loeliger wrote:
> So, like, the other day Benjamin Herrenschmidt mumbled:
> > 
> > Note that there are still things that we might want to change. For
> > example, I think we really should look into adding a macro mecanism
> > and/or an include mecanism to dtc so that we can do things like #include
> > <ibm440gp.dtc> to get the base processor/SoC definition and then
> > "overlay" some properties on top of it (like emac phy mode etc...)
> 
> What do people prefer here?  Straight CPP pre-run?

CPP pre-run has issue, notably due to the usage of "#" in property
names.

> Direct support built into dtc to do file-inclusion, macros?

We aren't sure yet, though David might have ideas.

> Thoughts, opinions, suggestions, pre-NACKs, Cabernet Franc bribes?

I'd take the later :-)

Ben.