Subject: Re: [PATCH] [POWERPC] fix up log_plpar_hcall_return

From: Will Schmidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2007 09:26:53 -0600

On Wed, 2007-07-03 at 15:36 +0100, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-03-06 at 17:11 -0600, Will Schmidt wrote:
> > This is mostly cosmetic.  This updates log_plpar_hcall_return() to use a
> > case statement rather than an if-then-else jumble, and moves it to
> > rtas.c where it can be near the other rtas related functions. 
> 
> Except that this has nothing to do with RTAS or do I miss something ?
> 
> Ben.

Hi Ben, hello to other folks too, 

Milton made a similar comment via IRC.

I am likely blending the rtas/hcall terminology in a bad way, but will
clarify what I was thinking so someone can correct me.  :-)

The lparcfg function is named log_plpar_hcall_return(), taking a hcall
return value and a string, and outputs a human-readable error message
that corresponds to that return value.  

There is no hcall.c that this function would belong in.  HvCall.S and
plpar_wrappers.h contain wrappers and the assembly code that does the
actual calls; but neither of those places look like good candidates for
this function.   
The file rtas.c, however, does make some plpar_hcall function calls, and
has a number of the 900# magic numbers that *look* like the H_* defines
to me. 

-Will