Subject: Re: [PATCH v2] [2.6.22] pasemi: cpufreq driver

From: Johannes Berg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 11:40:03 +0200

On Thu, 2007-04-26 at 15:37 -0500, Olof Johansson wrote:

> You can set the requested speed per-processor, but the actual speed
> will be the max of them. Because of this, it's less surprising to set
> it on both at the same time since then you'll at least know what you're
> running at.
> 
> So yes, I'll change it to online_map instead of possible_map.

Ok, yeah, so effectively they all just go together (that additional
complication of running at the max probably should be hidden as you
note)

> Hmm, I just tried adding debugging to the cpu_init code, and I'm not
> seeing it called more than once (i.e. only for cpu 0). Mind you, I don't
> have cpu hotplug support at this time.

Oh right, you need cpu hotplug support for the bug to show up. What
happens then is you unplug and replug a CPU and the sysfs cpufreq stuff
for the CPU you just replugged is gone.

johannes