Subject: Re: Can anyone help me about ac97 driver

From: Joachim Förster <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2007 08:21:55 +0200

Hi silicom,

On Tue, 2007-07-03 at 10:22 +0800, silicom wrote:
>     I'm writing an ac97 driver with interrupt mode on xilinx ml403 and
> linux 2.6.17.1 platform but encounter a incredible problem,can anyone
> send me a copy of the driver code.

I read your previous mails (about a problem with the interrupt handler).
Mainly in the last few days/week I wrote an (ALSA) driver for the
"Xilinx ML403 AC97 Controller Ref", too (ATM playback part only, no
record).
And I didn't encounter problems such as your problem. The only
difference I see, is, that I don't have an explicit "write process": INT
is thrown => INT handler: loop, copy data to the FIFO until full =>
return from INT handler.

I had serious problems with the "Register Access Finished" bit, which
stops working after (average) ~80 codec register accesses (bit remains
0).

My driver is "working" since yesterday evening ;-) ... so I feel a bit
uncertain about "releasing" it to the public right now. I'm willing to
post/contribute my driver, but that will have to wait some more days/a
week ;-) ...

BTW: Is your driver an ALSA driver, too? Or is it an OSS driver?

 Joachim