Subject: Re: can anyone help me to test my ac97 driver

From: Joachim Förster <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 22:01:08 +0200

Hi silicom,

On Fri, 2007-07-13 at 13:22 +0800, silicom wrote:
> I have a simple oss ac97 playback driver for xilinx ml403 and
> linux2.6.17 kernel,but when I test it with a *.wav file with sample
> rate 44.1k, there is much noisy, and I want to know whether there's
> problem with my ml403 board or ac97 driver,could anyone be kind to
> help me test it on your board or point out my problem?

Today I took some time and tried to compile your driver, but one of the
first things I saw was that there is a file missing: "xac97_l.h". I
think, it contains your "low level" functions. If you post the file, and
I have some time, I'll test your driver and what it does on the board,
which I have available.
Furthermore your driver depends on xbasic_types.c/h, xio.c/h, which some
people might not have, too ... especially xio.c/h (in my
experience ;-) ) ...

In my last mail (last week) I announced my driver for the AC97
Controller of Xilinx and said that I'm going to release/post it. Since
then, I worked on it once more and now it seems to be pretty stable and
usable (playback support). I added capture support, too.
[Capturing basically works, but there is a problem with higher rates and
ALSA not reading from the intermediate buffer anymore ... not yet
investigated.]

My driver will be published on a website soon. I'll post the link as
soon as possible. Meanwhile, if you or anyone want to try it, just mail
me ([email-masked]).

 Joachim