Subject: Xilinx FX60

From: Robert Woodworth <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 14:58:10 -0600

I'm back trying to get the kernel on my Xilinx FX60 without success. 
Now I have more information:

Using the Xilinx GDB, I'm getting either a "Bad Page fault exception" or
a kernel "oops"

The text in the _log_buf is as follows: 
(this happens before serial console init)

Data machine check in kernel mode..
Oops: machine check, sig: 7 [#1].
<register dump>

Any Ideas what would cause this?  Memory problem?  
I've run several different embedded memory test programs on the PPC and
they all pass fine.

I've synthesized my FX60 with the exact same memory map as my FX12 on
the ML403 and used the same kernel config.  ML403 works great.

The only difference is that the FX60 board only has 32MB DDR, I have
made sure that the correct memory size is in the kernel.

??
RJW